- Documentation centre
The GARDENLIBRARY of CIHEAM Bari
Located in a garden of more than 10,000 square meters, the GardenLibrary of the Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Bari is a specialized Library whose mission especially focused on the Mediterranean is to promote the culture of conservation, protection and life contemplation with special attention to biodiversity. With its collection of more than 5000 volumes and a variety of activities (seminars, meetings, courses, projects, etc.), the GardenLibrary intends to contribute to:
- orient knowledge towards Nature by promoting the culture of biodiversity, ecology, and environmental sustainability and by spreading good management practices of land and sea resources;
- promote knowledge of Nature, protected areas, vegetable gardens and gardens, in the Mediterranean in particular;
- enhance potentialities of the Pharmacy of Nature for the health of human beings and the environment;
- promote sustainable food and the Mediterranean Diet in particular;
- promote the culture of Garden Libraries and Garden Cities, in order to spread, at various levels, the search for harmony with Nature, environmental sustainability, economic equilibrium, human and social wellbeing and general wellbeing of the community.
- promote intercultural dialogue between different Mediterranean countries, thinking of the Mediterranean as the Garden of Peoples;
The GardenLibrary saying of CIHEAM Bari is:
Garden Library - Garden City - Garden World.